Study Coastal Communities & Marine Resources in Iceland ∣ Learn more…
Coastal Communities & Marine Resources in Iceland!
In this webinar, you will learn about two cutting-edge international master’s programs offered by the University Centre of the Westfjords, in Iceland. Both programs are interdisciplinary and therefore open to students with diverse academic backgrounds:
- Coastal & Marine Management
- Coastal Communities & Regional Development
In this webinar, you will learn all about these two programs from academic directors, admissions staff and from a current student. You will learn about the structure and content of the programs,
admission process and student life. The programs emphasize solving real-world problems.
interdisciplinary studies and with a grounding in the principles of sustainable development, resilience, stakeholder engagement and resource management.
The programs consist of 120 ECTS. All courses are taught in modules from one up to three weeks long. Students complete 35 ECTS of core courses and 40 ECTS of elective courses.
You have the academic freedom to choose thesis research topics all over the world. Faculty and staff provide personal and individual assistance for finding the best thesis advisors and most suitable topic for your interests and future perspectives. The intended audience for this online open day is students with a bachelors degree and with sufficient English proficiency to study in English taught a program on masters level.
Join the Webinar, discover the two study programs!
Duration: 1 hour
- Structure and content of the programs
- Global/local focus
- Opportunities that the programs and degrees give you
- Student life in Ísafjörður
- Admission process and tuition fees
- Dr. Catherine ChambersAcademic Director of Coastal and Marine Management
- Dr. Matthias KokorschAcademic Director of Coastal Communities and Regional Development
- Elena LebedefStudent