Online Open Day
Master in Chemical Engineering at Texas A&M University in Qatar
Texas A&M University at Qatar, recognized as having one of the premier engineering programs in the world, has offered graduate degrees in chemical engineering at Qatar Foundation’s Education City campus since 2011. The curricula offered at the Texas A&M at Qatar campus are materially identical to those offered at Texas A&M University’s main campus in College Station, Texas, USA.
Courses are taught in English and in a coeducational setting. The reputation for excellence is the same, as is the commitment to equip engineers to lead the next generation of engineering advancement. Faculty from around the world are attracted to Texas A&M at Qatar to provide this educational experience and to participate in responsive and meaningful research now valued at around $236.4 million, and that address issues important to the State of Qatar and the world.
Texas A&M at Qatar offers two graduate degrees in chemical engineering: a Master of Science (M.S.) and a Master of Engineering (M.Eng.).
- Master of Science (M.S.): The Master of Science requires a minimum of 32 semester credit hours of approved courses and research.
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng.): The Master of Engineering degree requires a minimum of 30 semester credit hours of approved courses and no research credit hours.
The required hours of course work shall be made up of core courses and technical electives, such as:
- Chemical Engineering Process Analysis
- Fundamentals and Applications of Thermodynamics
- Kinetics and Reactor Design
- Process Safety Engineering
- Air Pollution
- Engineering Economics and more.